Funding packages with comprehensive health insurance

The majority of students in our doctoral programs  receive a minimum of four years of financial support to cover tuition, along with a stipend for living expenses during the fall and winter semesters and health insurance for the entire year. Keep in mind that the School of Education provides health and dental benefits for you and your family members. The University of Michigan Benefits Office offers information about the benefit packages that we offer our PhD students.

Typically, as a student in this program, you'll receive a 20-hour-per-week assignment as graduate student research assistant, graduate student staff assistant, or graduate student instructor. Your academic progress will be reviewed annually by faculty and awards are contingent upon maintaining good academic standing. Learn more about individual funding opportunities by visiting programs that interest you.

Because the funding options available to you depend upon the program in which you enroll, we list the opportunities by program.

Education and Statistics (Dual Degree)
Educational Administration and Policy
Educational Foundations and Policy
Learning Technologies
Literacy, Language, and Culture
Mathematics Education
Science Education
Teaching and Teacher Education
Individually Designed Concentration (Educational Studies)
English and Education
Education and Psychology
Academic Affairs and Student Development
Organizational Behavior and Management
Public Policy in Postsecondary Education
Research, Evaluation, and Assessment
Individually Designed Concentration (Higher Education)

Within This Section


Eileen F. Brussolo

8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

610 E. University Ave.
Room 1228
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1259

Phone: 734.936.1829
or: 734.615.1528
Fax: 734.647.9158

Funding Opportunities