Forms & Guidelines
Certification in Other States
Contact: Laura Mayers, Career AdvisorLast modified: November 06, 2018
Each state has its own rules for teacher certification or licensing. Other states may require:
- Additional tests, such as the Praxis Test
- Additional courses, such as a course in the history of the particular state
- Application fees
- Official transcripts
- A copy of the Michigan Teaching Certificate
- Criminal background checks and/or fingerprinting
- Most states require verification that the candidate has completed a state-approved program. Send verification forms to the School of Education Office of Student Affairs. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
To view regulations by state, please review our certification in other states map.