Funding - W.K. Kellogg Foundation's Woodrow Wilson Michigan Teaching Fellowship

You want to come but don't know how you'll cover the tuition and expenses?

We are committed to helping you find funding to cover tuition and expenses. We will try to match you with numerous scholarships as part of your admission to the School of Education; If you're selected for any of these, based on merit and financial need, we'll let you know.

If you have questions about what financial resources are available to you to help pay for your education, contact Student Affairs Program Manager  Eileen F. Brussolo.

In addition to the funding that we'll find for you when you're admitted, there are even more financial resources that might be available to you!


Alumnae Council Scholarships are available to you when you're a second-year student. Note: You will find the scholarship listing under the section Scholarship Notification and Renewal (fourth listing from the top under the heading Scholarship Name).

Levi L. Barbour Fellowship for Women from the Orient In 1914 the bequest of Levi L. Barbour established a scholarship program at the University of Michigan for women of the highest academic and professional caliber from the area formerly known as the Orient (encompassing the lands extending from Turkey in the west to Japan and the Philippines in the east) to study modern science, medicine, mathematics and other academic disciplines and professions critical to the development of their native lands.

Private Scholarships Many private scholarships for college students are offered each year by a variety of organizations. These scholarships can range in amount from small honorariums to thousands of dollars. To be considered, students must meet the eligibility criteria specified by the donor or sponsor and complete a scholarship application (if required).  Please click on the following sites to learn more about scholarships or  Additionally, the Office of Financial Aid at the University of Michigan has a listing of their private scholarship awards.  Click on to learn more. 

Rackham Graduate School administers fellowships, grants, and scholarships for which you may be eligible.

The Center for the Education of Women may have funding for you if you've been out of school for eight months or longer.

Emergency Funding

The Center for the Education of Women offers Critical Difference Grants for students in emergency situations.

Rackham Graduate School administers a Student Emergency Fund to help in case of medical, dental, or mental health emergencies for yourself or, in some circumstances, for your immediate family members.

The School of Education may have resources for students in emergency situations.

Financial Aid

A Child Care Subsidy may be available to you if you're a parent with child care expenses.

The university's Office of Financial Aid has information about various loan programs for which you may be able to apply.

A Teach Grant comes from a federal program in which students receive grants if they commit to, following graduation, teaching in a high-need subject in a school serving low-income students.  Information regarding loan forgiveness options can be found by clicking on the following links: ED Web page: ED Brochure: U-M loan repayment page:

Within This Section