Applying to the Peace Corps Master's International Program

To begin the application process for the Master’s International program, you must apply first to one of the four Master of Arts in Educational Studies threads:

These four programs, like all of the School of Education's graduate programs, are administered through the University of Michigan's Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies (Rackham) (as are most non-professional graduate degrees at the university). Rackham offers a host of resources and administrative support to help see you through from submitting your application to completion of your degree. We encourage you to follow these steps to begin the application process.

Register as a prospective student and obtain a UMID (University of Michigan ID) number. Having a UMID number will aid in the processing of your application. 

Attend a prospective student event or schedule a personalized visit.

Apply. New (first time) applicants who have never enrolled in a Rackham program of study and current or former Rackham students who are applying to a different Rackham degree program should complete the Rackham online application. Review the application checklist to ensure your submit a complete application.

If you would like to return to your program of previous attendance, add a certificate or degree, or change degree level within a program, please visit the Rackham website to determine the correct application for your situation.

If you have questions about which application to complete, please email the Office of Student Affairs.

Check your application status.  Approximately six-10 days after submitting your application, you will be able to review your application status in Wolverine Access under New & Prospective Student Business. View Information about logging into your account.

Peace Corps Application

Once you have been admitted to the Educational Studies program, you should then apply to the Peace Corps by September 1, as it is recommended that you apply between nine months and one year before your desired departure date.  Once you have been admitted to both the School of Education and the Peace Corps, you will officially be considered a Master’s International student.


Deadlines can be found on our application deadlines page.

If you have questions, please review the School of Education frequently asked questions or contact the Office of Student Affairs.

Within This Section

Office of
Student Affairs

8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

610 E. University Ave.
Room 1228
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1259

Phone: 734.615.1528
Fax: 734.647.9158
Visit office webpage »