Funding - Bachelor's Elementary Teacher Certification

We are committed to helping you find funding to cover tuition and expenses. As part of your admission to the school, we try to match you with numerous scholarships—your application for these funds is automatic, no action is required of you. If you're selected for any of these, based on merit and financial need, we'll let you know in August.

If you have questions about what financial resources are available to you to help pay for your education, contact Student Affairs Program Manager Eileen F. Brussolo

In addition to the funding that we'll find for you when you're admitted, there are even more financial resources that might be available to you!


Private Scholarships Many private scholarships for college students are offered each year by a variety of organizations. These scholarships can range in amount from small honorariums to thousands of dollars. To be considered, students must meet the eligibility criteria specified by the donor or sponsor and complete a scholarship application (if required).  Please click on the following sites to learn more about scholarships or  Additionally, the Office of Financial Aid at the University of Michigan has a listing of their private scholarship awards.  Click on to learn more. 

The Center for the Education of Women may have funding for you if you've been out of school for eight months or longer.

The university's Office of Financial Aid lists numerous scholarships that have a range of eligibility criteria. You will be automatically considered for most of the awards.

Travel Grants

Beatrice Rottenberg Global Studies The Beatrice Rottenberg Global Studies Fund supports educational and learning experiences abroad for undergraduate and graduate students at the School of Education.  

Professor & Mrs. Cho-Yee To Fund The Professor & Mrs. Cho-Yee To Fund supports School of Education graduate and undergraduate majors in education to develop their global experience and perspectives through study in Hong Kong or China.

Emergency Funding

The Center for the Education of Women offers Critical Difference Grants for students in emergency situations.

The university's Office of Financial Aid makes funds available to students with extenuating circumstances.

The School of Education may have resources for students in emergency situations.

Financial Aid

A Child Care Subsidy may be available to you if you're a parent with child care expenses.

The university's Office of Financial Aid has information about various loan programs for which you may be able to apply.

A Teach Grant comes from a federal program in which students receive grants if they commit to, following graduation, teaching in a high-need subject in a school serving low-income students.  Information regarding loan forgiveness options can be found by clicking on the following links: ED Web page: ED Brochure: U-M loan repayment page:

Student employment including Federal Work-Study and non-work study opportunities are listed on the Student Employment website.

Within This Section

Teacher Education

8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

610 E. University Ave.
Room 1228
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1259

Phone: 734.615.1528
Fax: 734.647.9158
Visit department webpage »

See Also: